- If you have a household alarm fitted, consider extending the system into the garage area to detect intruders.
- Purchase a separate garage alarm, which can be connected to a standard electrical 240v socket with three-pin plug.
- Fit a garage door blocker on the outside of the door. This product bolts permenantly to the floor, has a large 'T' bar shaped restrictor and a quality locking device.
- Consider fitting a pair of garage door locks that are fitted either vertically or horizontally and can be locked either from the inside or outside of the garage.
- Install dead bolts mounted one on each edge of the door inside the garage. When in use, the locks throw a bolt into the doorframe or the concrete floor of the garage.
- Various good quality 'up and over' or 'rolling' deadlocking door handles can be puchased to replace any existing poor quality locks to give better security.
- Consider purchasing loop cables. These have a long braided steel cable and a two-bolt anchor locking point. These fix to garage walls or floors and can be passed through expensive property such as quad bikes, etc. Some cables are alarmed.