- Try to reduce the amount of time cash remains on the premises.
For Further Information
A review of security and increased vigilance can prevent further offences and play a major part in an investigation should an incident occur. Further advice on any of the information presented here may be available by contacting your local Neighbourhood Policing Team. For contact details of your Neighbourhood Team, please go to www.leics.police.uk/policing or telephone 101.
- Empty tills, payphones and vending machines frequently.
- Leave empty tills open.
- Fit secure locks on doors where cash is held.
- Install a safe which is fixed to the floor and consider fitting an alarm.
- Avoid predictable routines if possible: vary the days and route you take to and from your bank.
- If you are a busy store remove cash from the tills regularly throughout the day and ensure all cash and cheques are removed from tills every night. It is advised you use a professional cash in transit company.