- All members of staff should remain vigilant at all times and report any unusual or suspicious activity to management or the police.
For Further Information
A review of security and increased vigilance can prevent further offences and play a major part in an investigation should an incident occur. Further advice on any of the information presented here may be available by contacting your local Neighbourhood Policing Team. For contact details of your Neighbourhood Policing Team, please go to www.leics.police.uk/policing or telephone 101.
- Ensure staff are fully aware of security procedures, for example, how to raise the alarm, how to use panic buttons and how to report incidents of crime.
- Extra security arrangements should be put in place for staff working alone.
- Provide safe places for staff in an emergency. Doors to staff areas should be lockable.
- If you are a large company, provide staff with a photo/ID badge and ‘sign in’ any visitors or people making deliveries. It is also good practice to challenge anyone not wearing identity.
- Provide staff with a personal alarm or panic button.