On your holiday
Tourists are sometimes targeted by thieves, so while you are away you still need to be cautious and take simple precautions, just as you would do at home:
- Store passports and travel documents in a safe, which are installed in most hotels and villas.
- Lock your bags and suitcases each time you leave your hotel room or villa.
- Do not put your name and address on bag or suitcase tags, but put this information somewhere inside.
- Keep a tight hold of your handbags, wallets and cameras while you are out and about sightseeing.
- Do not leave your property unattended or on display when you are going for a swim on the poolside or at the beach.